Project Cost and Value Management
The aim of this course is to provide the practical knowledge of the various aspects of project cost, earned value, and the factors which impact them and thus help managers select the best methods and techniques for achieving cost effectiveness and value optimization.
Participants will learn:
- To cope in a project manager role
- To evaluate project performance in real time: work completed, costs, actual completion dates
- To measure and report variances and problems
- To use efficiency indices, such as SPI and CPI, and respond to warning signals of emerging problems
- To use flexible project management tools and engage in corrective action
- To employ proper management approaches to enhance earned value
- To avoid common pitfalls in project cost and earned value management
The course is designed for non-financial managers and does not include complex mathematics. Knowledge of finance is not a prerequisite. It is suitable for experienced and young managers alike. It is an ideal introduction for all who desire to explore in detail the methods, techniques, and tools for project tracking and smart decision making.
The training is a good fit for managers and staff of varied backgrounds and qualifications, who are engaged in strategic and operational decision-making, related to planning, analysis, and evaluation of project performance.
Form of Training
This is a distance learning course in web-based e-learning format.
Online learning includes:
- Online materials available 24/7 for the duration of the training
- Q&A in a discussion forum
- A final multiple-choice online test of fixed duration, available for a week
- A graded Certificate of Completion
The benefits of online learning:
- You study whenever you want
- You learn at your own speed
- You join the discussion at your convenience
- You test your knowledge online
- You donít travel and take time off work
- You learn more and spend less time and money
You are awarded a Certificate if you score over 70% at the final exam.